Online Dating Sucks! Part Two

                                                         Online Dating SUCKS! Part Two


The wine glass Ahniya was holding shattered on the brick floor--the golden liquid barely missing her cream colored pants. Greg arrived--towel and broom in hand while Lauran rushed to her side leaving Jay standing about four feet from the table.
“I got it,” said Greg.
“I’m—“Ahniya couldn’t finish.
“No worries. I’ll replace that glass and refill it free of charge,” Greg continued.
“Thanks,” Ahniya said, never taking her eyes off the floor.
“Are you okay? What happened?” Lauran asked
“I--”
“Was shocked at how handsome I am?” Jay said walking over to the table, offering Ahniya his hand.
Giggling, Lauran grabbed Jay by the waist. “Ahniya, this is my Jay. Jay, my bestie Ahniya,” She cooed.  Ahniya looked at Jay than at her best friend, looking back at Jay she took his hand and gave him a limp handshake.
“Hmm,” was all she could muster.
They sat down. 
“Ahniya’s had a rough day at the office,” Lauran said to Jay.
“Oh I’m fine, sorry about that. I was about to stand up to greet you and my heel got stuck in one of the crevices in the brick floor sooo, it was me or the wine…I chose the wine,” Ahniya said smiling weakly.
“It’s fine,” Jay said
“So I told Ahniya about this friend of yours that’s meeting us here,” Lauran said to Jay.
“Oh um, yeah, yeah…good guy.” Glancing at Ahniya, he added, “Although he did say it was a possibility he would have to cancel.”
“What? Why!” asked Lauran
“No, it’s okay if he does,” Ahniya said.
“No, it’s not,” Lauran glared at Jay. “You promised!”
“I know, but the man is in the middle of a major deal. Even if he can’t make it, looking at your friend, I’m positive he will make it up to her,” Jay said.
“I told you she was a cutie!” Lauran said, beaming.
“Ms. Jones?” Everyone in the direction of the the timid voice. “Lauran Jones?” 
“Yes?” Lauran said. They were all looking at the young lady who was now standing at the table.  “I’m Casey! I was in your tenth grade science class ten years ago,” she said.
“Casey…Lafferty?” Lauran exclaimed.
“Yes!” She replied.
Lauran got up hugged her.
“Oh goodness you’ve grown into a beautiful woman!” Lauran said.
“Thank you Ms. Jones. You made such a huge impact on my life. I tell everyone you’re the reason I became a biomedical researcher! I’ll never forget our secret motto for girls science club.”
“If boys can do it,  girls can do it better!” They said in unison. 
“My boyfriend proposed to me and you just have to meet him Ms. Jones.”
“Sure—you guys don’t mind do you? I’ll be right back,” Lauran said to Ahniya and Jay. Casey and Lauran walked toward the crowd of people on the other side of the bar. Ahniya stared at Jay.
“This,” Ahniya said, pointing towards Lauran and back at Jay, “ain’t gon’ happen.”
“I’m just as shocked as you but this IS happening!” Jay whispered roughly.
Leaning forward in her seat Ahniya pointed her finger as close as humanly possible to Jay’s face without touching him, “Lauran is more than a friend, she is my sister. There is NO way I’m letting her get hurt by a lying man-whore!”
“ Do you think—”
“Shut the fuck up,” Ahniya said through closed teeth.
“I’m sorry I hurt you,” Jay said.
“I could give two shits about you, it is—WAS, just sex but we had an agreement. If either one of us became involved with someone else sexually we would let the other know! But noooo just like a DDB one piece wasn’t enough! So you WILL break up with her or I will make your life a living hell!” Ahniya spat vehemently.
“What is a DDB?”  Jay asked casually.
“Dirty Dick Bastard.” Ahniya smirked in triumph as his eyes hardened.
“Ahniya,” Jay said as he slowly leaned forward, “it’s not my fault that Lauran’s the marrying type and you’re the f—.”
Ahniya reached across the table and slapped him. Leaning back in her seat she straightened her blouse. Jay rubbed his check. 
“You have one week or I will show her every sext, dick pic, and email that you’ve sent me, including the one you sent today,” Ahniya threatened.
“It’s so nice to see that I made a positive impact on a student,” Lauran said breathlessly returning to her seat.
“I can believe it baby,” Jay said standing up to pull out Lauran’s chair. Before sitting down Lauran grabbed Jay and kissed him on the check---Ahniya’s eyes never left Jay’s.
“I hope you two used that time to get to know one another…. Sweetie, where’s your friend?” Lauran asked.
“I told him to apologize to his friend for me, I suddenly feel sick to my stomach,” Ahniya said glancing at Jay.
“Oh no!” Lauran said poking out her bottom lip slightly as a sympathetic gesture.
“Yeah I think I’m going home so I can lie down,” Ahniya continued.
“Of course. I’ll go get Greg so we can pay,” said Lauran.
“I got this,” Jay said putting more money than the cost of the meal and drinks on the table. “Ahniya was just telling me how she wasn’t feeling the best mentally either,” Jay said, suppressing a smile.
“Mentally? She shared that with you?” Lauran asked surprised.
“Of course not, I think your guy is just a comedian,” said Ahniya.
“Jay, stop playing! See I told you he’s goofy just like us! We’ll be the three musketeers in no time!” Lauran beamed.
“Oh yeah, we SHARE a lot between the three of us,” Ahniya said standing from her chair.
“Babe, lets walk her to her car,” suggested Lauran.
“Sure,” Jay said.
“No---”
“Ahniya, Jay is gentlemen so don’t argue!” Lauran insisted.
They exited the restaurant with Jay holding the door for the ladies. Lauran grabbed Ahniya’s arm outside and they walked arm in arm with Jay trailing them.
“Sorry you’re not feeling well,” Lauran said.
“Oh I’m sure it’ll pass. I just want to be in a better mood for our double date,” said Ahniya.
“Oh yeah that’s still happening.”
“I know,” Ahniya laughed.  As they  arrived at her car she added,“Where you guys parked?”
“One block up from you,” Jay said.
“Okay hop in I’ll take you to your car,” Ahniya said to Lauran.
“No I’ll just whip it around and pick Lauran up…nice meeting you Ahniya.” Jay said
“Okay.” Ahniya said climbing into her Jeep. Lauran hopped in the passenger side to wait on Jay.
“You don’t like him,” Lauran said.
“I just feel like crap, Lauran. I promise. My judgement is not the best when it comes to men anyway,” Ahniya said while trying to start her car.
“You have great perception when it comes to people in general which is why your opinion of Jay is important to me…your car won’t start?” Lauran asked?
“Looks like it,” she said. Ahniya tried to start the car again with no luck as Jay pulled up beside them.
“Honey, Ahniya’s car won’t start. Can you give her a ride home?”
“No,  I’ll call Triple A  and have it towed to my house. I can ride with the provider,” Ahniya said.
“Nonsense! We are taking you home lady, now let’s go! I’m off tomorrow so I can take you to work and then come wait on the tow truck for you. Lauran demanded.
Jay coughed. “Yeah come on, we’ll take you home.”
 Ahniya slowly got out of her car and climbed into the back seat of Jay’s. “Thank God I only live ten minutes away,” She thought.
With the music blaring and Lauran talking non-stop the ride was quicker then she thought and for that she was grateful.
“Here we go,” Jay said.
“Thanks—Lauran, don’t worry about picking me up tomorrow, Imma just take the day off,” Ahniya said.
“You sure?”
“Yeah, have a good night,” She said tiredly. She closed the car door walked up to her house and went inside.
“Jay,” Lauran said.
“Yea babe.”
“She never told you where she lived.”

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts